I spent most of today Terra-forming down in my basement. I've been on a bit of a painting binge this summer and I have had several scenarios in my mind.  I had a couple of days off this week and I decided it was time to get started.  Below is the progression of the Terra-forming process.  It actually started yeterday when I painted a bunch of my rock formations in similar color schemes and prepared an 8 foot by 5 foot diorama drape.

Here is my basic work area. I have a bunch of saw horses supporting foam insulation boards, with some shaped foam pieces laid on top for some verticality.

Next I laid my diorama drape over the whole prepared area.

Next I did an initial layout of the Rock and mountain foam pieces.

I moved the rocks around a little bit.

I trimmed some of the drape and used the cuttings to blend in the rock formations.

I added some dirt and rocks to blend everything together...and I'm just about ready to set up my first scene.