This picture is the most ambitious photo-layering project I've ever attempted. The goal was to inject images of figures in different scales interacting with each other into a great photo.
Here's the progression.
Here I roughly staged the scene. Note the difference in scale for the various figures.
I took pictures of the figures in each "row". I copied and pasted each individual as a separate layer and resized each to a common scale. Note how the 'tiny' 54mm Marx figure now matches the others.
Three Elastolin guys and two Conte Conversions came next.
Three Conte metal figures.
Almost done. I didn't like how the converted Conte figure in the middle was blocked out by the Central Norman, so I moved his layer to the right a little.